At St Cecilia’s Catholic Primary School we pride ourselves in providing a quality education that allows each individual student to achieve their personal best.
Our school follows the NSW Board of Studies Curriculum in the Key Learning Areas and the Diocese of Broken Bay Curriculum (K-12) for Religious Education. However, from 2014 the NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum will be implemented and changes will be made where necessary.
St Cecilia’s Catholic Primary School provides a balanced curriculum approved by the NSW Board of Studies Syllabus and complies with all Diocesan, NSW and National standards in regards to timetabling, assessment and reporting. We are supported by the Catholic Schools Office, Diocese of Broken Bay which exists to educate and form young people in Catholic Discipleship offering the experiences of following Jesus as members of Catholic community.
Areas of Study
Students at St Cecilia’s Catholic Primary School participate in the following areas of study:
- Religious Education
- Human Society and its Environment (HSIE)
- Science and Technology
- Creative Arts
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
Students also work with specialist teachers once a week for:
St Cecilia’s Catholic Primary School provides:
- an integration of our Catholic life and faith into our curriculum and everyday life
- a curriculum that provides a Catholic worldview across all key learning areas
- a ‘Celebration of Community’
- a large emphasis on the social development of each student, building self-confidence and positive self-esteem
- support for students and a differentiation of learning tasks to support all learners
- an ethos which supports family values and education
- quality teaching resources across all curriculum areas
- higher order thinking skills
- access to Information & Communication Learning Technology